Color measurement for quality and consistency control in plastics, plaques and granules using Sensegood spectrophotometerDifferent light source, different object color you see.
It is a known fact that standardizing the color process improves manufacturing operations, especially when it comes to plastics. From batch to batch or plant to plant, it is imperative that the final product matches the design and to each other. There are many parameters like heat stability; dispersion and distribution of colorants affect product’s color quality. The only way to control your plastics color consistency is to measure it, accurately.
Sensegood spectrophotometer is the tool of choice for color measurement in plastic granules/ pellets, plaques, and extruded and molded plastic products. This instrument enables molders to check pigments, parts, components and assemblies for color tolerance specifications.
Sensegood spectrophotometer for plastics color measurement, removes subjectivity from color identification. It has its own independent full spectrum light source which enables the true object color measurement. Color measurements using Sensegood spectrophotometer in measurement and compare mode quickly assists for batch correction and waste work-off.
Ensure consistency and accuracy throughout your quality process by establishing color tolerances. A color tolerance is the acceptable difference in color between a sample and the standard reference.
Some of the international journals that publish latest research in the field :
- International Journal of Plasticity, Elsevier: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/international-journal-of-plasticity
- Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, Sage: https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jep
- Journal of Reinforced Plastics and Composites, Sage: https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jrp
- International Journal of Plastics Technology, Springer: https://link.springer.com/journal/12588
- Plastics Engineering, Wiley: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/19419635
- Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, Taylor & Francis: https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/lpte20/current
- Journal of Plastic Film and Sheeting, Sage: https://journals.sagepub.com/home/jpf
Plastic Industry latest Information
This article is about spectrophotometer or full spectrum colorimeter for color measurement in plastics, plaques, and granules.